Monday, August 4, 2008

Joggling Boards

For the last week or so I've been fixated on porches, and I mean really obsessed by them, especially large open ones that look like they were made to be enjoyed by a lot of people. Every evening Adele, my girlfriend, and I go on long walks and I'd stare at them with a thought not yet turned to shape...that Midnight Summer's Dream, "an airy nothing until given a local habitation and a name" when it hit me. Joggling, jostling or courting boards as they were called sprang forth from my childhood in the Carolinas. I remember when the opportunity allowed, we'd bounce on them until bounced out. If you ever get the chance to test drive one, you should....I know I'd like another bounce....if you want one or just need more information on them, click HERE.



No comments: